The LNJ Bhilwara Group
The Bhilwara Group’s efforts are primarily mediated towards improving the quality of life of the people living in and around its facilities. The key areas of focus include healthcare, education and environmental conservation. The activities are conducted both directly as well as via dedicated trusts.
Health and well being
- Provided medical consultation from qualified doctors to the general public at the OPD centres and distributed free medicine among economically disadvantaged patients.
- Conducted health camps for check-up of villagers and their families.
- Distributed medicines among indigenous people in collaboration with Sewa Bharati, Bhopal
- Provided potable water at Mandideep and nearby areas by installing water coolers equipped with RO filters
Education and livelihood
- The Group operates four schools (Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya – Hurda (Bhilwara), Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya – Rishabhdev (Udaipur), Graphite Higher Secondary School – Mandideep (Bhopal) and Vivekananda Vidya Vihar – Maral (Maral Sarovar) which imparts education to more than 5000 students annually.
- Constructed a new building within the existing premises of the Graphite Higher Secondary School for accommodating more students and also equipped the labs with modern facilities
- Waived all educational expenses including hostel fees, cost of books and uniforms to hearing-impaired students at the Asha Niketan School, Bhopal
- Renovated the government primary school building
- Conducted vaccination camps for livestock development and artificial insemination for breeding cows and buffaloes and improving milk production
- Conducted an afforestation drive at Tawanagar on the NH#12 near Mandideep to lessen air pollution
- Invested in a state-of-the-art water filtration plant at Ekant Park, Bhopal under the aegis of the Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control Board
- Invested in renovating sites of historical importance and in promoting traditional art forms
- Funded the training of aspirants to promote paralympic and olympic sports in the rural areas surrounding the plant